- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or Special K
- 6 oz butterscotch chips
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- Generously butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, mix together corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until peanut butter melts. Bring mixture to a boil and immediately remove from heat. (DO NOT OVERCOOK)
- Stir in cereal.
- Transfer mixture into well buttered pan.
- Pat mixture down into pan.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium to low heat, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips until smooth.
- Spread over top of bars, cool.
- Cut into 12 even sized squares.
- Wrap securely in plastic wrap.
(DO NOT OVERCOOK, AS THIS MAKES THE BARS EXTREMELY HARD)
“Supernova” Puppy Chow
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips 12oz (one box) Kellogg’s Crispix or HyVee Crispy Hexagons
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2cup (one stick margarine or butter) 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Combine the chocolate chips, margarine, and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium high heat for two minutes, stir and repeat in thirty second intervals until chocolate chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Pour cereal in very large mixing bowl or pan.
- Mix cereal and chocolate mixture until well coated, being careful to not crush the cereal.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar into a separate large bowl. Add cereal and then add remaining powdered sugar.
- Cover tightly and shake gently until cereal is thoroughly coated with powdered sugar. Add additional powdered sugar until uniformly coated.
- Add 1 cup of mixture to a sandwich size Ziploc bag (makes ~14 – 1 cup baggies) Store in cool place, okay to freeze
“Supernova” Brown Butter Rice Krispy Treats
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 10 oz bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp sea salt OR 1/4 tsp salt
- 7.5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Cook stirring continuously, until browned (4-6 minutes). *Note: When the butter browns, this will happen quickly. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Remove butter from heat and stir in marshmallows, until smooth.
- Stir in salt, then add cereal and gently stir in until cereal is coated.
- Press into buttered pan.
- Once cool, cut each pan into 12 servings.
- Wrap individually with plastic wrap.