- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or Special K
- 6 oz butterscotch chips
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- Generously butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, mix together corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until peanut butter melts. Bring mixture to a boil and immediately remove from heat. (DO NOT OVERCOOK)
- Stir in cereal.
- Transfer mixture into well buttered pan.
- Pat mixture down into pan.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium to low heat, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips until smooth.
- Spread over top of bars, cool.
- Cut into 12 even sized squares.
- Wrap securely in plastic wrap.
“Supernova” Puppy Chow
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips 12oz (one box) Kellogg’s Crispix or HyVee Crispy Hexagons
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2cup (one stick margar or butter) 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Combine the chocolate chips, margarine, and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium high heat for two minutes, stir and repeat in thirty second intervals until chocolate chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Pour cereal in very large mixing bowl or pan.
- Mix cereal and chocolate mixture until well coated, being careful to not crush the cereal.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar into a separate large bowl. Add cereal and then add remaining powdered sugar.
- Cover tightly and shake gently until cereal is thoroughly coated with powdered sugar. Add additional powdered sugar until uniformly coated.
- Add 1 cup of mixture to a sandwich size Ziploc bag (makes ~14 – 1 cup baggies) Store in cool place, okay to freeze