The Linn Mar Show Choir Invitational
Bus drivers, please use our North parking lot to drop off choir members at door 3. The North parking lot will be utilized again for parking this year and our choir members and adult volunteers will be assisting you in parking your buses and trailers.
Friday Night Procedure: On Friday, January 12th, Door 9 near the gymnasium will be open Friday evening from 6-8 pm to unload any equipment. Linn-Mar personnel will be available to direct your group to their designated area.
Saturday Registration Procedure: Equipment should be unloaded at Door 7 near the gymnasium. Buses are to use the parking lot north of our high school to unload show choir members. Show Choir members are to enter using door 3 located in the north parking lot. Once the buses are empty, we will ask the bus drivers to park in the North parking lot behind the Aquatic Center. Supernova personnel will be on site to direct parking. The bus drivers will be escorted directly to our hospitality room where they are welcome to stay for the remainder of the day.
If you have students who are going to arrive at Linn-Mar separately from your group they should go directly to the registration table at door 3 (North Parking Lot) to be stamped. You will have Linn-Mar student hosts to guide and assist you throughout the day.
For your information, the room sequence for your performance is as follows:
- Show Run Through – Auditorium
- Performance – Gymnasium
- Critique Session – Learning Center
Supernova: The Linn Mar Show Choir Invitational
Please communicate the additional information concerning our facilities and campus to your show choir members, chaperones, and spectators.
- No parking is allowed at ANY TIME on any of the circular drives (marked with No Parking FIRE LANE signs).
- No parking is allowed along 10th Street – the Marion Police Department will ticket these cars.
- Linn Mar is a SMOKE FREE /tabacco free campus – no smoking is allowed in any vehicles or on any campus property. Please tell your spectators and chaperones that they will have to leave Linn Mar property if they care to smoke.
- Ticket price to enter the invitational: See our Tickets tab on our website.
- A lost and found will be located at the ticket table.
- Each participating group is required to have chaperones in their homeroom throughout the day. If adult chaperones are not in the room we will ask the students to leave and lock the room until chaperones are provided by your school. The room may be locked during your schools performance so that your chaperones may attend your schools performance.
- Please do NOT place curling irons on carpeting.
- A hospitality room is provided for the judges, bus drivers, directors and EMT’s.
- Please DO NOT bring food into the building from outside sources.
- No food should be in the homerooms at any time. Water is fine, but please consume food in our food areas.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Linn-Mar volunteers will be available the day of the event to answer any of your questions. They can easily be identified by their volunteer name badges, buttons or brightly colored T-Shirts. We look forward to seeing you at Supernova.